My mind has been on arrows this week because #1- I’m dying to see The Hunger Games sequel and that Katniss Everdeen is a badass with the bow and arrow. And #2 – Jeff has been fundraising for a local YMCA camp and it got me thinking about how I never had the chance to go to summer camp or try out archery, and therefore I’m never going to be a badass with a bow and arrow like Katniss Everdeen.
“Rustic modern” decorating using arrows, faux animal heads, and tree stumps seems to be hangin’ on around here for a minute. Check out this adorable nursery and this bedroom, both with vintage arrows as decoration. I had a really hard time narrowing down on this theme, because there are a ton of really cool arrow items on Etsy. I’m thinking seven or eight vintage arrows in a clear vase on our dresser. It’s like a colorful bouquet that never dies, and it will be a constant reminder to get out there and try something that I never got to experience.
1. Vintage Arrows from Flat Tire Vintage – $7.95 each
2. Pillow Cover from Deco Mod Walls – $25
3. Cloth Napkins (set of four) from Rangemark – $32
4. Machine Embroidered Hoop Art from Cabo Pickles
5. “Be Brave” Nursery Printable from Rose and Julep Paper – $5 for pdf file
6. Coasters (set of four) from Hello Nutcase – $25
How would you display vintage arrows? Do you like the “rustic modern” style or do you want it to go away?