I realize we’re already four months into 2014, so I’m little late with this, but hey, if you know me personally, you shouldn’t be surprised. Unfortunately, being prompt has never been one of my strong suits. In December, Pantone released their “Color of the Year,” a bold, purplish hue called Radiant Orchid. Here’s how the company describes it: “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.” Didn’t know you could get all that from a little pigment did ya?
Well, I happen to love it. I think it would be a gorgeous wall color for a smallish bathroom, (like our half bath on the first floor), or as an accent wall in a super modern home. I know that most people don’t have the courage to paint an entire room purple-lish pink though, so here are some accessories to add just a little pop of this brilliant color.
1. Wood Flower Planter, by Deco Box Ro – $19.90
2. Elephant Paperweight, by Shop Fierce 27 – $11
3. Vintage Train Case, by Atty’s Vintage – $39
4. Hand Painted Wood Spoons (set of 3), by Reinvent Home – $10
5. Trellis Design Pillow Cover, by Senay Studio – $36.17
6. Abstract Art Painting, by Art by Heroux – $89.97
What do you think of this year’s color? Is a little too bold for your decor? What is your guess for next year’s color? You can see previous year’s colors here.